Friday, January 26, 2007

what if....

its been a long road, my short long life has had its ups and not so up moments. sometimes i wonder what if i had done some things differently. what would the outcome of the permutation and combination be. well i cant say for sure what the outcomes would have been but i sure know i'm totally ok with the way things turned out.

...what if on that faithful day, at age 18, i had signed up to join the marines on that faithful day at the American embassy in lagos. today i might just be getting outta service like my cousin did late last year and now studying to become a fashion guru.

...what if i had gone the way of some of my buddies and had joined them in science class. taking physics istead of finance, taking chemistry instead of commerce, taking further maths instead of accounting. who knows maibe i might have patented a pen that would do our course work and exams.

...what if i had given a lil more attention to sports, i might have gone on to become a professional athlete like david beckham or an henry.

...what if my music teacher in junior high was not such a boring, talent killing fellow, i might have been the next mozart or perhaps some music genius.

...what if i had picked literature over geography, and read shakespare's julius ceasar and macbeth, instead of map reading, landforms, and ocean currents. who knows i might be a better writer than i am now and not watch the discovery channel and national geographic all day.

...what if i was the last child in the family, would i be as spoilt as people expect last born children to be? or would i be who i am now, the only male child yet, i'm not anywhere close to being spoilt. or so i think.

anywhose on that note, i'd like to wish my darling lil sister, SHERIFAH, YESIDE, OYINDAMOLA, ADUFE, (last name withheld) a HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY. i've known you all your 24 years in this world and i could not ask for any other lil sister than you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL' SIS... MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME THROUGH.


This is to many more years of you being an INSPIRATION to many people and to yourself. This is to many more years of you making me take you on shopping sprees on my bill. This is to many more years of you being my lil sister. MAY ALL YOUR WISHES AND ASPIRATIONS BE YOURS. AMIN.

cheers! with a glass of ice tea which has been driven thru long island...

4 comments:

Jamilah said...

yayyyyyyyyy am 1st!!!! hahaha
happy birthday sherifat..love that bname so much!! hmm 24...

lol.. david beckham ko.. david goliat ni..lol chiefo. u can still do it u know..skys the limit..ave a wonderful weekend

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Ha! Only male child yet? Why include the "YET" not as if Mama eda would still born anymore pikins o, so claim ur position jere. WOW! I'm calling Oyinda right away. I love the name Yeside, gonna be one of my pikins name.

My own tribute to Oyinda.

She's an amzing woman, she's been thru a lot, yet come out victorious. She's not only an inspiration to u guys, but to me. I thank God for her life everytime and the strength God has bestowed upon her. May God bless her abundantly- Amen.

Lowla said...

Engr Ayo.. Wassup.. Hmm sometimes I think of the what ifs also, but down the road, Ive come to realize that I thank God for the decision and path I chose. SOmetimes you just never know but if you do what your heart says at that point when you are faced with a decision to make, I believe you'll pull through as long as you are focused and dedicated..

Happy birthday to ur lil sister.. I love female muslim names I dont know why... they kinda sound sexy..You know its not like Nike, Kemi, Jennifer, Catherine et al..:D

Kafo said...

i like
i always think the same
What if...