Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2006...

i know 2007 is 3 days old and is already clocking puberty. i just cant move on without rewinding 2006 for a last quick lil minute.

In 2006, i became of blogger. its been fun thus far. i've met quite some crazy bunch. read comments that made me think, read some that made me look sane, and i actually put up some comments that made me look even more insane than i thot i was. but all well its all part of what makes bloggers, bloggers.

In 2006, i got reconnected with humpty(my buddy from highschool), we hardly ever see each other cos he lives in jersey even though slanting island is just a bridge crossing away, i need to fix that in 2007.

In 2006, i met missDBL, she is awesome peoples. she brought out a better me that i didnt know really existed. you showed me the color of love, i really appreciate that a truch load much.

In 2006, i moved on to life after college, which is sure filled with a lot of ups and downs. it has given me a couple of headaches and brainaches but i sure will get past all that in 2007.

In 2006, i also learnt never to make someone my priority when to them i'm just an option. yeah, i know i shoulda known that long ago. i actually did know but then some things make you forget some things.

In 2006, close to its end that is, i had a lot of things, emotions, ati be be lo bottled up inside me. a change in 2007 would be that i'll say stuff out more often that way i wont have a close call like i did in 2006 where i almost did a Flambé
recipe with my system.

In 2006, i made a lot more trips to the masjid(mosque) than i made previously and i'm improving my stats in 2007. Insha Allah.

In 2006, i lost my uncle, and would do as much as i can to help out my cousins whom he left behind. So help me God.

In 2006, i became a lot more vocal. i think that was cos people saw me as somewhat a quiet pushover. lil did they know that the volcano in my being was being forced not to erupt. i even went past my all time high of 2005 which was when i went to naija and "friends" expected me to be the always quiet ME who they always tended to get away with murder with. i was referred to as being a loud person but i was only letting my voice be heard.

In 2006, i kept family away for too long a time. i'm sorry mum for not calling as often as u want me to call. i'm sorry dad for calling u only once in 3months, i'm sorry 'Mo(my niece) for not always calling even though u ask after me from ur mum all the time, to my sisters, i'm sorry i dont always call, although y'all take time out to call ur only brother. i'm sorry uncleseses and auntieseses for never calling to see how y'all are doing but i do ask after u from mum whenever i call though. i'm sorry Timi, wale and sherry for not calling or emailing u often, you all still are my most awesome cousins. and thanks for taking care of bashir ur lil brother. lil man donn grown now.

In 2007, FAMILY COMES FIRST, i'm going to make calling yall and keeping in touch with y'all my hobby. i'm not promising cos i dont promise. but when i say i'll do something i would. for starters, i've called mama eda (my mum) twice in 2007 already, i've called baba eda(dad) once, called a couple of uncles and would be calling my niece miss 'Mo this weekend. we need to have uncle and niece bonding. did i tell u all she asked when i was coming home. yeah she did, miss 'Mo misses me yet i dont call her often enough. thats all going to change in 2007.

9 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

FIRST!!!!

So you're gonna start calling me too???

And why didnt I see anything bout my isi ewu?

Lowla said...

2nddddddd..
Engr Ayo.. Merry Xmas and Happy New year. I pray this New year brings success your way in all things you do.

Men.. the New Year was great.. Will talk to you soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Mari said...

Happy New Year Chiefo...I pray all ure wishes come true as well as your plans for 2007.

Elle Woods said...

I say that a lot"ati be be lo"

Lowla said...

AMEN!
Chief O, o ye ki e ti update now.. Bawo ni?? Long time.. Hope all is well? Work and All?

Take care!

Nilla said...

lol @ your comments that made you look more insane.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2007, Chief O!

Beautifully Human said...

happy new year chiefo! its been a while. Here's to all your plans coming to fruition in 2007.

Anonymous said...

You go update oh ChiefO.. e don tey small!