Thursday, September 28, 2006

Nigerian Day Parade!

hey! its almost october 1st, it would be the 46th year since naija gained its independence from mama charley land. not like i'm excited about it or anything cos those in the curruptDOORS of power dont give me any reason to be excited.
AnyWhichWay, the nigerian day parade is on saturday and imma be there as your one and only news paparazzi. there would definitely be gist to report cos between my fellow naija guys and girls acting like they are all this, their fronting and backing for each other and the orisirisi kinikon that would happen. there sure would be enough to run my mouth about.
my guy, Fox was talking about coming over to NY with some members of the fela boys club so we might be setting up our own fela boys corner. he never got back to me though but watever happens sha, i'll let y'all know. i sure wont mind gyrating to some afrobeat on saturday since some of my people aint coming to NY no more.

my passies friends are coming from outta state cos of the parade, so i guess we'll go shoot pool, bowl, play darts, or somn tomorrow nite since i aint going for the miss independence day pageant abi wetin una dey call am. but i promise you that it is on, on saturday. i'll be at the parade live and direct(so long God doesnt have other plans for me). meanwhile stay tuned for my LOVE 350 and LOVE 509 class. i have to combine those two classes cos i want a large class size. you know the way we have it in naija where there are over 500 students taking the same course with only one professor and no mic to amplify the professors bedroom voice. exactly that how i want it.

2 comments:

chibs said...

men i wish i was in naija for the independence day. i don't know what naij peeps are doing in london but i won't even be there because i'll be in a place called winchester where there are only two nigerians in my school. myself and my sister...... what a party!

Beautifully Human said...

LOL @"between my fellow naija guys and girls acting like they are all this, their fronting and backing for each other and the orisirisi kinikon that would happen."
You know how naija folk do; who they're fronting and backing for,I dont know!! But it makes for entertaining viewing though.