Sunday, October 01, 2006

Post Parade Report...Part I

hey people! how una dey o. its been quite a minute. the nigerian day parade was awesome, not without its usual orisirisi, but overall it was aiight. I got to see a whole bunch of nigerians in the same place all at once,(that hardly ever happens except at owambe sha o) with their different shades of green. my proples and i made the best out of it, my buddy odukun from MD came to NY with her friends although she jabo me went to hand out with whoever. she shall be dealt with accordingly.
moving on, there were a couple of faces present, Ramsey Noah (with all his groupies running after him) Regina Askia, Nnenna from ANTM was there too. whoelse did i see sef, a whole bunch of PoliSTEALtians as always, sINnators, orisirisi Governators. i didnt even bother to know who they were or wat state they were from. they all came for "state visit" abi sey na "official visit" them call am sef. senator florence ita-give of cross rivers state was there, u wonder how i take know her name and all innit. it was my friend BB that was like some sINnator kinikon kinikon was on the stage and i was like oh that woman i no like am, as i no like all sINnator and she was like she ugly anyway after u take off the make up or somn like that.
as NYPD held up traffic on 2nd ave cos we nigerians were doing our thing, a portion of 44th street was closed to traffic bcos of WE! not often do streets get closed to traffic cos of stuff like that, instead they'll close streets gue to scheduled destruction(construction) but destruction sounds better in my ear cos thats exactly wat i think tehy are doing.
Anywhichway, some guy tried to rip me the gutt off by trying to sell me a framed portrait of FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI, funny thing is the vendor sef was not naija. u might wanna know how much he wanted to bankrupt me with, 187,500 nigerian naira or 1500 american dollars. somebody help me ask him how he was able to figure that nigerians would be willing to pay that amount for a portrait at a parade when they know quite well that come sunday(parade was saturday) the price wont be the same again. anywho after i heard the price, my next question was oga u dey take credit. cos he must have smoked somn good to have actually thot nigerians would pay that amount for a portrait without any price negotiations like say na isale-eko market them dey.

all well, theres more to talk about o. i did my paparazzi work well well. i didnt rest cos i knew i couldn't afford not to get y'all orisirisi information for y'all. there still talk on the lamborghini style door eclipse, the random chick that tht she was all this and 2kobo, the parked RV, my comments about ramseh noah, the food, pictures and watever else happened after the parade. meanwhile u guys have to hold on a minute i have to go give my LOVE 509 and LOVE 350 lecture. stay tuned and dont change your dial as we say on NTA or in your own case dont close that brower window neither should u leave my blog. I no serious right, just say it already i know thats what you are thinking.

Off to class i go.

3 comments:

Beautifully Human said...

LMAO!!! cannot wait to hear all the gist about what went down, especially re Ramsey Nouah; until then I reserve my comments.

ChiefO said...

reserve ur comments ke! u better talk now or i'll make u hold ur peace for 2 micro-nano seconds.

Unknown said...

LMAO!!! $1,500 for fela's portrait? The man no no say naija peeps tear eye pass am? He just came to have some fun not sell his goods!! $1,500 indeed!!!